Friday, May 10, 2013

May 9: French Lentil Rice Soup

Today I made the Greek Rice from April 16, not the French Lentil Rice Soup. You can go check out my meal here. I might make this recipe next year.

ETA: 5/9/14

I made this lentil soup for supper tonight. I started it pretty early, before 8:00 so it would be ready by 4:00. Here are the ingredients:

In the Crock Pot I put 6 c. of chicken broth, a cup of lentils, 2 peeled & chopped carrots, 2 chopped stalks celery, a chopped small onion, 2 tbsp. minced garlic, 3 tbsp. rice, a tsp. of dried thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. white pepper:

I let it cook on low for 8 hours:

I scooped out 1 1/2 cups of the soup and pureed it with my immersion blender, then stirred it back in to the soup:

I served it with a tbsp. of cream and some chopped parsley:

This soup is very good. I like how the blended soup thickens it up, but still keeps the chunks. I also like how the cream makes it taste. It's not better than my go-to lentil soup recipe, but it's a contender!

No comments:

Post a Comment