Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 5: Whoa Breakfast

I have not made this oatmeal. I am on the 3-day military diet, and I have lost 10 pounds so far! I might try this next year.

ETA: 5/6/14

I made this oatmeal for breakfast yesterday. I started it at about 11:00 the night before - right before I went to bed. Here are the ingredients. I didn't have any almonds (the recipe called for 1/4 cup) so I just left those out.


In the crock pot I put 1 1/2 cups of oats, 3 cups of water, 2 cups of chopped apples, and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.

I cooked it on low for 8 hours (overnight).

This oatmeal was not bad after I put some butter and milk and sweetener in it.

I normally don't like my oatmeal quite this mushy, but it had some chewy chunks in it, so I liked it. Next time I'll have to try it with the almonds. Oh, and it did develop a burnt ring around the edges which was too hard to eat and very hard to clean out. I'll have to line it with foil next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment