Thursday, May 9, 2013

April 27: Lemon-Dilled Parsnips and Turnips

I made this for lunch on Friday. It is from the "patio party foods" section of the cookbook. I gathered up the ingredients:

I combined 2 cups chicken broth, 1/4 cup chopped green onions, 1/4 cup dried dill, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1 tsp minced garlic in the crockpot:

I peeled and chopped up 4 turnips and 3 parsnips and added them to the crockpot:

I cooked that on low for 3 to 4 hours, or you could cook it on high for 1 to 3 hours. I dissolved 1/4 cup of cornstarch in 1/4 cup water and stirred it into the crockpot. I cooked it for 15 minutes longer:

I served it along with some leftovers for lunch:

Nobody liked this recipe very much except the baby. I thought it was okay, but still didn't eat much. I'm sorry that a lot of it went to waste. But that happens sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment