Thursday, May 9, 2013

April 20: Cinn-Sational Swirl Cake

I made this cake for the family service potluck at church, but we did eat a slice of it before hand (just to make sure it was good). It is from the "brunch and breakfast" section of the cookbook. I forgot to make it ahead of time, and I didn't have a 4 1/2 quart crockpot, so I just made it in the oven. Here are the ingredients:
 
I could not find a box of cinnamon swirl cake mix, so I bought a spice cake mix and made up some cinnamon sugar for the swirling part. So first I mixed up the cake mix, a cup of sour cream, a cup of cinnamon chips, a package of French vanilla pudding mix, and a cup of water:
 
I spread that in a greased cake pan and then swirled in the cinnamon sugar with a knife:
 
I baked it according to the package directions, and served it with cinnamon ice cream (the only cinnamon ice cream I could find was Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun - yum).

This cake was very sweet, but very delicious. I really like cinnamon! I don't think I would make this for breakfast, but it would make a great dessert. It's definitely a winner. By the way, the recipe says to bake this for 3 to 4 hours on low or 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours on high in a 4 1/2 quart crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment