Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 1: Pumpkin Soup with Crumbled Bacon and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

I bought the ingredients for this soup, but haven't made it yet because of my diet. Hopefully I can make it later this week.

ETA: 4/28/14

I did make this soup last year. Here are the ingredients:

Here they are again with my daughter:

I cooked up 4 slices of bacon:

I sautéed the chopped onions in the bacon fat:

I added salt, chipotle powder and pepper to the onions, then added them to the Crock Pot. I whisked in pumpkin, chicken broth and apple cider, and cooked it on high for 4 hours.

I stirred in the cream and strained the soup into bowls. I garnished it with toasted pumpkin seeds, crumbled bacon, and sour cream:

The soup was good, but a little rich. I think next time I would serve it as an appetizer to a large crowd instead of dinner for 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment