Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 8: Asian Short Ribs

I have not made this recipe due to being behind and being on a diet. I'm going to Florida in June, and I'd love to get down to my goal weight by then!

ETA: 5/8/14

I made this recipe for dinner tonight. It had to cook 7-8 hours, so I started it at about 8 this morning so it would be ready for dinner at 4. First, here are the ingredients:

In the crock pot I mixed up 1/2 c. beef broth, 1/4 c. soy sauce, 1/4 c. sherry, 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. ground ginger, and 2 tsp. minced garlic:

I seasoned 3 lbs. boneless beef short ribs with salt and pepper, then coated them in the sauce:

Then I cooked them on low for 8 hours. I served them with leftover Paella and grape tomatoes:

These short ribs were very tasty, but also very fatty. I think it would have been helpful to let the fat harden and scrape it off the top before eating. I will try that with the leftovers tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment