Thursday, May 9, 2013

April 30: Cannellini Minestrone Soup

I decided not to make this recipe this year. I am dieting. I'll let you know how that goes a little later.

ETA: 4/28/14

For some reason, I did end up making this recipe last year. I found these pictures:

I put all the ingredients except pasta in the crockpot - 4 cups chicken broth, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato-vegetable juice, 2 cups escarole, 1 cup chopped green onions, 1 cup chopped carrots, 1 cup chopped celery, 1 cup chopped potatoes, a can of cannellini beans, 2 tablespoons chopped chives, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, salt and pepper:

I cooked it on low for 6 to 8 hours, added 2 ounces ditalini pasta, and cooked for 20 minutes more:

I served it when the pasta was tender:

This soup was good, full of flavor, and chock full of vegetables. I would make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment