Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 7: Fresh Berry Compote

I am a little behind, so I have not made this compote.

ETA: 5/8/14

I made this compote yesterday and we ate it for dessert for lunch. First I gathered up the ingredients:

I put 2 cups of blueberries in the crock pot and let them cook on high for 45 minutes to soften them:

To the blueberries I added 4 cups of sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tbsp of orange juice, a cinnamon stick, and a tbsp of lemon juice (the recipe calls for 4 lemon peel slices, but I didn't have a chance to buy a lemon, so I used the juice instead):

I served it warm for lunch, then refrigerated it and had it chilled for an afternoon snack:

This compote is very tasty and just the right sweetness. I was grateful that the strawberries and blueberries were on sale this week, too! I really enjoyed the freshness of this treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment