Thursday, May 9, 2013

April 21: Pepperoni Pizza Dip with Breadstick Dippers

April 21 is my daughter's birthday. She turned 4 this year. We had a little party for her with a couple of her little friends. This pizza dip was the perfect accompaniment to her cake and ice cream. Here are the ingredients:
 
In a 2 quart crockpot I put a jar of pizza sauce, 3/4 cup chopped turkey pepperoni, 4 chopped green onions, some sliced black olives, and 1/2 tsp oregano. I cooked that on low for 2 hours, then I stirred in a cup of shredded mozzarella and 3 oz of cream cheese.

Meanwhile, I made the breadstick dippers. The dough didn't cooperate well, but I did the best I could. They came from a refrigerated tube of breadstick dough, baked according to package directions. I spread 2 tbsp of butter on them and sprinkled them with chopped parsley.

I broke the breadsticks in half and served them with the dip:

Here is her cake. She got chocolate cake in a heart shape with cool whip and strawberries:

The pizza dip was very good, and DH really liked it too. If it were up to me, next time I would put in mushrooms instead of olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment