Thursday, May 9, 2013

April 23: Boneless Chicken Cacciatore

This chicken cacciatore recipe is from the Winter "meaty main dishes" section of the cookbook. Here are the ingredients:

I browned up 12 halves of boneless skinless chicken breasts:

Then I put them in the crockpot. I added 4 cups marinara sauce, a cup of coarsely chopped onion, a cup of coarsely chopped green pepper, a can of sliced mushrooms, 1/4 cup red wine, 2 tsp each minced garlic, dried oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. I let that cook on low for 5 to 7 hours, or you could cook it on high for 2 to 3 hours. I served it with bread on the side:

This cacciatore had a really good flavor. I loved the combinations of the spices - oregano and thyme and the wine. We all really liked it and we will make it again. We all especially liked that it was boneless.

No comments:

Post a Comment