Thursday, May 9, 2013

April 17: Roast Chicken with Peas, Prosciutto, and Cream

This chicken recipe is from the Fall Favorites section. I gathered up these ingredients:
 
I cut up the chicken and seasoned it with salt and pepper. I put it in the crockpot with a chopped onion and 1/2 cup white wine (I forgot the prosciutto; I was supposed to add 5 oz of it, diced). I cooked that on low for 8 to 10 hours, or you could do it on high 3 1/2 to 4 hours:
 
I added a package of frozen peas and 1/2 cup cream during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Then I removed the chicken to a platter:
 
To the crockpot I added 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water. I cooked that on high for 10 to 15 minutes:
 
I made some farfalle pasta to serve the chicken on:
 
I served the chicken with pasta on the side, topped with sauce:

This recipe was pretty good, if a little bland. The prosciutto probably would have helped with that. Not too bad - I would probably make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment