Thursday, May 9, 2013

April 16: Greek Rice

I have not made this recipe yet, but I do have the ingredients, so I might get around to it soon.

ETA 5/10/13

I made this recipe last night to go with our pork tenderloin. Here are the ingredients:

I melted 2 tbsp. of butter in a skillet and added 1 3/4 cups of rice. I cooked that for 4 minutes:

When it was browned, I transferred it to the crockpot and added a quart of chicken broth, and 1 tsp each of oregano and Greek seasoning. That cooked on low for 4 hours:

Then I added a cup of chopped kalamata olives and 3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers, and I cooked it for 5 more minutes:

I served the rice garnished with feta cheese. I made a pork tenderloin and green beans to go with it.

This rice was pretty good, but it made a LOT. And I'm on a diet, so I think some of it might go to waste. Hopefully my kids will eat it for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment