Thursday, May 9, 2013

April 24: Cream Cheese Chicken with Broccoli

This chicken is from the "lighter bites" section of the cookbook. It calls for light cream cheese, but I missed that and bought regular. So it's not as light as it should have been! First I gathered the ingredients:

I cut 4 pounds of chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. I tossed the chicken with olive oil and Italian dressing mix. I cooked that in the crockpot on low for 3 hours.

I cooked some sliced mushrooms and chopped onions in a skillet for 5 minutes:

I added a can of cream of chicken soup, a bag of broccoli florets, 1/4 cup sherry, and a package of cream cheese to the skillet.

I heated that up and transferred it to the crockpot, then cooked it on low for an hour:

I made some linguine and served the chicken and sauce over the pasta:

The kids seemed to like this one:
 

I really liked this one. DH and his parents didn't like the mushrooms much, but they really liked the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment