Friday, May 30, 2014

May 30: Jambalaya

Here are the ingredients for the Jambalaya I made for dinner. I started it at about 8:00 this morning:

In the Crock Pot I put 28 oz stewed tomatoes, a pound of andouille sausage, 2 cups chopped boiled ham, 2 cups water, a cup of rice, 2 chopped onions, 2 chopped stalks of celery, 1/4 c. tomato paste, 2 tablespoons olive oil, a tbsp. of minced garlic, a tsp. of dried parsley, some hot sauce, 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, and 2 cloves:

I stirred it up:

And cooked it on low for about 8 hours. Then I added a pound of shrimp:

And cooked it on high for about 30 more minutes:

This was a very good Jambalaya. The rice was a bit mushy, but it didn't detract from the taste. I was surprised that the canned ham tasted pretty good. I've never had it before, and I expected it to taste bad. The recipe also called for 1/2 green bell pepper, but I ran out. I don't think it mattered that much. DH liked this one. It made a lot, so we will be having it for lunch for several days I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment