Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 14: Bacon and Onion Brisket

Here are the ingredients for the bacon and onion brisket from the "meaty main dishes" section of the cookbook:

To start this off, I cooked 6 strips of bacon that had been sliced lengthwise in a skillet:

I transferred the bacon to the Crock Pot, then seared the brisket in the hot bacon fat:

I transferred the brisket to the Crock Pot, then sauteed the onions in the skillet:

I transferred the onions to the Crock Pot, then poured on two cans of beef consomme:

I cooked it on high for 6 hours:

My dear hubby:

I put the meat on a platter and sliced it:

Then I served the meat on plates with bacon, onion, and broth on top:

This meal had a great flavor. We are trying to eat low(er) carb, so we didn't make anything to go with this meal, but it would have been great with boiled or mashed potatoes. I actually used the meat they had on sale at Aldi (top sirloin) instead of brisket. So I'm not sure I know what it is supposed to taste like. Next time I might try the brisket even though they are really expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment