Saturday, May 17, 2014

May 17: Cioppino

This is called Cioppino - it is a fish/seafood soup. I would not have known that from the name of it! I had to start this early before I went to my scrapbooking club because it had to cook for 10-12 hours. Here are the ingredients of the first part:

In the Crock Pot, I put 2 sliced carrots, a chopped onion, a chopped bell pepper, a pound of cubed white fish, a cup of sliced mushrooms, a can of beef broth, 2 cans of tomato sauce, a teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 tsp. each of pepper and oregano:

I cooked that on low for 10 hours. Here are the ingredients for the second part:

I added 12 oz. of cooked shrimp, a can of crab meat, and a can of clams, then cooked it on high for 20 more minutes to heat it through:

And we served it hot:


This soup was very delicious. The seafood was really cooked perfectly, not at all mushy like I thought it would be. The flavor was really nice too, like a good Italian dish, not super fishy. I would make this one again, although it was pretty expensive for all that seafood. It's a good source of protein and healthy veggies, though. I really needed that today after eating sweets and junk food all day!

P.S. I just glanced at the recipe and realized I forgot the garlic. That would have been good, but oh well - I'll try it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment