Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 26: Easy Cheesy Aruban-Inspired Chicken

I made this for Memorial Day lunch before our church picnic. I started it at about 9am. I gathered up all the ingredients:

In the Crock Pot I put a can of diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup ketchup, 2 tsp. mustard, a tsp. Worcestershire, a little hot sauce, 3 cloves of garlic, and some salt and pepper. I mixed all that up well:

Then I added a large sliced onion, a sliced green bell pepper, 1/4 c. sliced black olives, 1/4 c. raisins, and a tbsp. capers. I stirred that up well:

Then I added 6 chicken thighs and covered them with the sauce:

I cooked it on high for about 3 hours. Then I added some Gouda and put the lid back on for a minute to melt it:

I served the chicken with more cheese and sauce:

This was really good! The only thing I would have changed would be to take the skin off the chicken first. It really turned out slimy. Other than that, this was an excellent meal. Everyone loved it and I will definitely make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment