Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12: Pork Meatballs in Garlicky Almond Sauce

Tonight we had these meatballs for supper. They don't take too long to cook, so I started them at about noon. I gathered up these ingredients:

I put 1/2 cup of blanched almonds in the food processor and ground them up:


To that I added a cup of chicken broth, 1/3 cup of roasted red peppers, 2 tsp. minced garlic, and 1/2 tsp of salt:

I processed that until smooth and put the sauce in the crock pot. Then I stirred in 1/4 cup of bread crumbs:

In a bowl I put 3/4 cup of bread crumbs and stirred in 1/4 c. of white wine. To that I added a pound of ground pork, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 2 tsp minced garlic, an egg, and 3 tbsp. parsley:

I formed that into 26 meatballs and browned them in two batches in a skillet:

I transferred the meatballs to the Crock Pot and cooked them on high for 4 hours:

I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. They really didn't look that spectacular, but they tasted good. I was just glad to have a low carb dinner for a change. I served these meatballs with sliced red bell pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment