Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 28: Scallops in Fresh Tomato and Herb Sauce

I made this for dinner tonight. I started it at around 11:00 this morning. I gathered up these ingredients:

I chopped some onions and garlic and sauteed them in a little oil:

I transferred the onions to the Crock Pot and added a can of tomato puree, a can of tomato paste, 3 peeled tomatoes, 1/4 c. red wine, some parsley and oregano:

I cooked it on low for about 6 hours, then added a pound of scallops:

I cooked some spaghetti and served the scallops in sauce over the noodles:

This sauce had the potential to be good. It was really acidic, so it should have called for some sugar to balance it out. I think that would have made it much better. I got the big expensive scallops, so they were really good. Hubby said he would rather not have scallops in his spaghetti sauce. I'm not sure I'll make this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment