Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 24: Mushroom-Beef Stew

I made this stew for Friday night:

I put a pound of stew meat, 2 cans of mushrooms, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a packet of onion soup mix in the Crock Pot:

I stirred it up and cooked it on low for 8 hours:

It was supposed to be served with noodles, but we're going low carb, so we served it with a salad. Also, we were preparing for our garage sale, so I forgot to take a picture of my plate. Oh well. The family liked this one. I thought it was a little salty. I'm sure I would have liked it better with the noodles. But I probably won't make it again. I just don't like how my Crock Pot gets the edges too hot and burns them. It ruins a good portion of the food and makes it really hard to clean the crock.

No comments:

Post a Comment