Friday, May 16, 2014

May 15: Thai Chili Chicken and Noodles

Tonight I made this for dinner. I procrastinated because I wasn't feeling well (due to a glucose tolerance test I had to take), so I made this on the stove. These are the ingredients:

I browned some strips of chicken breast in olive oil in a skillet:

I mixed up a bottle of sweet chili sauce with 3 tbsp peanut butter and 3 cloves of minced garlic:

Then I coated the chicken in the sauce and poured a can of chicken broth over the chicken:

I covered the chicken and let it cook for 15 minutes, then I added 1/2 box of vermicelli and a cup of cole slaw mix:

I cooked that for 5 minutes and served it with chopped peanuts and bean sprouts for garnish:

This Thai food had a really good flavor, but I didn't cook the noodles long enough. They were kinda crunchy. But DH liked them that way. The kids thought it was too spicy. Next time I'll try to make this in the Crock Pot and see if the noodles soften up better.

No comments:

Post a Comment