Sunday, June 1, 2014

May 31: Black Bean Chipotle Soup

I made this recipe last night for dinner. It was Saturday, so I started it at about lunch time. I gathered up these ingredients:

I let a pound of beans soak overnight. Then I rinsed them and put them in the Crock Pot along with 2 diced stalks of celery, 2 diced carrots, and a diced onion:

In a bowl I combined 2 chopped chipotle peppers, a cup of crushed tomatoes, a can of mild green chilies, 2 tsp. of cumin, and some salt and pepper:

I added that to the Crock Pot along with 6 cups of vegetable stock, and I stirred it up well. That cooked on high for 6 hours:

I served it with sour cream and cilantro:

This soup was good, but the beans were a little undercooked. I think next time I should start it early and cook it on low for 7 to 8 hours. It was also too spicy for the kids. They had a very hard time eating it. Other than that, the flavor was really good. DH liked it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment