Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 13: Blueberry Cobbler

I made this yesterday, but I didn't cook it in the Crock Pot (it was being used for the Spiced Sweet Potatoes). I ended up cooking it in the oven on 350 for an hour. First, I gathered up these ingredients:

In a bowl I combined 3/4 cup of baking mix with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup white sugar:

Then I added 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1/2 tsp. almond extract:

I mixed in 5 oz. evaporated milk and 2 tsp. melted butter. Then I poured 1/4 of that mixture into a greased baking dish:

Three cups of blueberries were put on top of the batter:

And the rest of the batter was poured over the blueberries:

I baked it on 350 for one hour (the crockpot directions say to cook it on low for 5 to 6 hours):

I served it warm with vanilla ice cream:

This cobbler had a strange consistency that I wasn't expecting, sort of gummy, like tapioca pudding, but it tasted really good, especially with the ice cream. I liked the crusty edges the best. Of course, the kids and DH really loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment