Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2: Bananas Foster

Tonight we had pizza for dinner and this was our dessert. These are the ingredients for the bananas foster:

I quartered 12 bananas and put them in the Crock Pot with a cup of coconut:

In a bowl I mixed up a cup of dark corn syrup, 2/3 cup of melted butter, 2 tsp. lemon peel, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tsp. rum, a tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. salt:

I poured that over the bananas, then cooked it on low for 1 or 2 hours:

I served the bananas over pound cake with vanilla ice cream and some of the sauce on top:

This made so much (12 servings), that we invited the neighbors over to eat it with us. Everyone really liked it, even DH who doesn't like banana flavored things or coconut (I didn't give him too much coconut). The bananas weren't overdone, and the sauce was the right balance - salty, not too sweet. It was a really great treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment