Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1: Chicken Fiesta Soup

Here is the soup I made for dinner tonight. I started it after we got back from morning Church. I gathered up these ingredients:

First I boiled a 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and shredded them. Then I put them in the Crock Pot with a can of stewed tomatoes, 2 cans chopped green chilies, a can of enchilada sauce, a can of chicken broth, a cup of finely chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic, a tsp. ground cumin, a tsp. chili powder, a tsp. salt, 3/4 tsp. pepper, a cup of frozen corn, a diced yellow squash, and a diced zucchini. I left out the cilantro for my husband's sake. I cooked it on low for 8 hours:

I served it with crumbled tostada shells, cilantro, and shredded Cheddar cheese:

This soup was fantastic! Absolutely delicious. There was nothing I would change about it (except that it was really hot, let it cool a few minutes before eating), and I will be adding this to my favorites list!

No comments:

Post a Comment