Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 15: Mexican Chili Chicken

Today was Father's Day. We went out to Hardee's for breakfast, and we had a potluck at church for lunch, so I made this recipe for dinner. It was about 2:00 when I gathered up these ingredients:

I sliced up an onion and a couple green peppers and put them in the bottom of the Crock Pot:

Then I put 4 chicken thighs and 4 chicken drumsticks on top and sprinkled a tbsp. chili powder and 2 tsp. oregano on the chicken:

I put a jar of salsa over that and cooked it on high for 3 hours:

I removed the chicken, stirred 1/2 c. ketchup, 2 tsp. cumin, and 1/2 tsp. salt into the sauce:

Then I put the chicken back in the sauce and cooked it for another 15 minutes or so:

I was supposed to serve it with noodles, but I didn't make them:

I really love this. I would have called it Mexican Cacciatore. I really loved how the sauce just soaked into the chicken while you were eating it. Everyone ate it except Reuben. I think he might be getting sick or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment