Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 3: Chablis-Infused Swiss Fondue

Tonight I made this Swiss cheese fondue. Here are the ingredients:

First I simmered 3 cups of white wine with some lemon juice:

Then I shredded 1 1/2 pounds of Swiss cheese and mixed it with 3 tbsp. of flour:

I added the cheese to the wine and melted it, then added 3 tbsp. kirsch, 1 tsp. each of mace and pepper, and 1/2 tsp. of paprika:

I transferred that to the Crock Pot and let it cook for 30 minutes on high and about 2 hours on low. I chopped up some veggies and a loaf of Italian bread to go with the fondue:



I served the fondue with the bread and veggies:

I'm not sure what went wrong, but I'm fairly certain fondue is not supposed to look like this. Now, I've never had cheese fondue before, but this was so yucky. The cheese was all clumpy and hard - hard to chew, and the liquid tasted like liquor. I thought it was supposed to be creamy, but I could be wrong. I don't think I will ever make this again! I thought about having guests over tonight, but I'm so glad I didn't. I was embarrassed as it is with just my hubby and kids there (they hated it BTW)!

No comments:

Post a Comment