Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18: Apple and Granola Breakfast Cobbler

I made this recipe on Monday to take to a cookout at our friend's house. It made a really great summer dessert! Here are the ingredients:

I peeled and sliced some Granny Smith apples and put them in the Crock Pot:

Then I sprinkled 1/2 c. brown sugar, a tsp. cinnamon, and a tbsp. lemon juice over the apples:

I stirred in 2 tbsp. cut up butter and 2 cups granola. Then I cooked it on high for 2 or 3 hours. I forgot to take pictures of it done, and I didn't take the camera to our friend's house. But she had vanilla ice cream, and it was really good with it. I would make this one again. On a side note, I thought it was interesting how the granola turned into an oatmeal texture. I should have expected that, but I didn't. It was still really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment