Friday, June 13, 2014

June 12: Butternut Squash-Apple Soup

Hubby wanted to cook out tonight, so we had this soup as an appetizer. I gathered up these ingredients at about 1:00pm:

Meanwhile, I baked a butternut squash in the oven and mashed it up:

In the Crock Pot, I combined the squash with a quart of chicken broth, a peeled and chopped golden delicious apple, 2 tbsp. chopped onion, a tbsp. brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. sage, and 1/4 tsp. ginger:

I cooked it on high for 3 hours, then pureed it with my hand blender:


I served it with a little whipping cream:

The soup was pretty good. I think it would be better on a cold fall day, but it wasn't too hot today, so it was still good. The kids liked it too (except Reuben, but he hasn't been eating much lately, so that's to be expected).

No comments:

Post a Comment