Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28: Greek Chicken Pitas with Creamy Mustard Sauce

Here are the ingredients for the filling:
 
I put the cut up onion and bell pepper in the crockpot, then put 1 lb chicken on top. I seasoned it with 2 tsp. Greek seasoning, then I cooked it on high for about 2 hours:
 
Here are the rest of the ingredients:
 
I removed the chicken and sliced it, then I removed the veggies with a slotted spoon:
 
I mixed up the sauce - 1/4 cup each of yogurt and mayo, 1 tbsp mustard, and 1/4 tsp salt:
 
To serve, I loaded up pita pockets with chicken, veggies, sauce, some sliced fresh cucumber and tomatoes, and topped it off with feta cheese:
 
These pitas were delicious. They would have been even better if I could have gotten real pitas, and not just flatbreads. They were too sweet. Other than that, I loved them. The kids and DH did too.
 
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment