Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 2: Gingerbread

Happy Groundhog Day! We just finished watching the movie. It never gets old. But I'm tired and want to go to bed, so I'll make this short. I started making this gingerbread tonight around 9:00. Here are the ingredients:

I creamed a stick of butter with 1/2 cup of sugar:

Then I added an egg, a cup of molasses, 2 1/4 cups of flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves and 1/2 tsp salt. I stirred it up and added a cup of hot water:

Then I poured the batter in the greased crockpot and cooked it on high for about 2 hours:

I didn't make the whipped cream, but we'll be having this for lunch tomorrow. I'll make it then. This gingerbread is very good. Moist and perfectly spiced. I think I'm going to get fat from it. Eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment