Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3: Molasses Maple Glazed Beef Brisket

Today's recipe is from the Holiday Entertaining section of the cookbook. Here are the ingredients:

I combined some red pepper, salt and black pepper in a small bowl, then rubbed it on the meat:

In a small bowl I combined 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup molasses, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp tomato paste, juice of 1 orange, 2 mashed garlic cloves, some ginger, and 4 slices orange peel:

I was supposed to put this over the meat in a plastic zip-loc bag, but I didn't have any, so I used a glass pan with a lid. I refrigerated that for 2 hours:

I put that in the crockpot and cooked on high for about 4 hours:

When it was done, I removed it to a cutting board and sliced it across the grain.

I served it with the cauliflower dish from the other day:

This meat was very good, especially with the remaining sauce poured over the top. The rub had a whole teaspoon of ground red pepper, so this dish did turn out pretty spicy, even though the flavor was excellent. Next time I will ease up on the red pepper - maybe just use the salt and black pepper as a rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment