Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 6: Thai Steak Salad

It was so refreshing to have salad for dinner. The recipe is from the Lighter Bites section of the cookbook. The meat needed to cook for 3 hours, so I started at 2:00. I gathered the ingredients for the steak first:

I mixed up some honey, soy sauce, and garlic, poured it into the crockpot, tossed the steak in it, then set it to cook on high for 3 hours:

When the steak was done, I removed it and let it rest for 10 minutes, then sliced it against the grain and put it in the refrigerator to chill:

Then I gathered the ingredients for the dressing:

I mixed up hoisin, peanut butter, tomato paste, ginger, and lime juice with 1/2 cup of water:

Finally, I gathered the salad ingredients:

I tossed one shredded head of savoy cabbage and one bag of salad with the dressing. Then I added the steak, peanuts and mango (I am allergic to mangoes, so I used peaches):

I served up the salad with a lime wedge, and added cilantro to mine (hubby doesn't like cilantro):

This salad was really good. I haven't had Thai food in a long time! I left out the hot sauce for the kids, but I admit, it could have used a kick. DH liked it (he's a big peanut butter fan) and DDs liked it too. I didn't give any to the baby (he's about 15 1/2 months now). I don't know if he has enough teeth to eat a steak salad. Even though it was a cold and snowy day, I felt like I was somewhere tropical with this taste of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment