Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18: Banana Nut Bread

Today's recipe comes from the "brunch and breakfast" section of the cookbook. I had to go to the store for ripe bananas before I could start it, because my green bananas from Thursday hadn't ripened yet. So I started around 1:45PM. I gathered up the ingredients:

I creamed 1/3 cup of butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, then I added 2/3 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, and 2 tbsp dark corn syrup, and mixed it all together. Then I added 3 ripe mashed bananas and mixed it up:

I sifted together 1 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp baking soda. I stirred that mixture into the wet ingredients, then added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts:

I poured the batter into the crockpot which had been floured and buttered, then I baked it for 3 hours on high:

I let it cool for about 10 minutes, then turned it out onto a serving platter:

I served it after dinner warm with butter:

This banana bread was surprisingly good. It could have used a little more salt, but if I'd used salted butter, it would have been fine, I think. The only problem I have is that my crockpot is maybe a little too big and overcooks the edges. Just one side of it had burnt edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment