Thursday, February 21, 2013

February 21: Peppered Beef Tips

Today was grocery day. I was exhausted, so I came home, ate lunch, quickly put the dinner on to cook, and took a nap. I'm not sure why, but I didn't sleep. It was really bright in my bedroom, maybe that's why. Anyway, I threw it together quickly because tonight's meal was an easy one. Here are the ingredients:

I cut the meat into cubes and put it into the crockpot. Then I minced 2 garlic cloves and sprinkled them on the meat along with some pepper:

I poured a can of condensed french onion soup and a can of cream of mushroom soup over the top of the beef, then cooked it on high for about 5 hours. The recipe said 8-10 hours on low, but I didn't have that much time.

I cooked up some macaroni shells to serve the beef tips on:

And I served the beef on the noodles:

This meal was not bad. It's one of those nice comfort meals. There is something about the onion soups that I don't like, but not so bad that I won't eat it. I'm not sure what it is, but maybe next time I could try this with a different kind of soup. DH and the kids really liked it, but I only gave the baby noodles.

2 comments:

  1. I think I am going to make this one Monday! It looks like it would be really good left over, too. Was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight. I added a pound of green beans and served it over mashed potatoes with a side salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, green onions, and parmesan cheese. Josh said to tell you this was great. :)

    ReplyDelete