Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22: Lentil and Portobello Soup

Today I made this soup from the "veggie variety" section of the cookbook. I started around noon:

I sliced up the mushrooms:

I chopped the onions, carrots, and garlic, then cooked them in a hot skillet in olive oil:

I transferred them to the crockpot, then layered on a cup of lentils, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 2 cups of vegetable broth, the mushrooms, a tsp dried rosemary, and a bay leaf. I cooked that on high for about 6 hours.

It was a little dry when I went to serve it, so I added a cup of water, then scooped it into bowls.

This soup had a great flavor. I really liked it; the tomatoes and mushrooms added a lot to the texture. I put a dollop of sour cream on top and it made it perfect. I think I might make this again, but DH wasn't too fond of the mushrooms. He just didn't put any in his bowl, so it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment