Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 5: Turkey Piccata

Tonight I made a "Meaty Main Dish." The cooking time was short, so I didn't actually start until about 4:30. I gathered the ingredients:

I put a little flour, salt and pepper in a bowl, then put a pound of turkey breast strips in, closed the lid, and shook it up well:

I heated up some olive oil and butter in a pan, then added the turkey and browned it on both sides:

I transferred the turkey to the crockpot, scraped up the browned bits in the pan with 1/2 cup of chicken broth, then added that to the crockpot. I added some grated lemon peel and 2 tsp of lemon juice. That cooked for 1 hour on low:

I was supposed to serve it with rice, and the picture shows it with broccoli. Those would have been good, but we were having pie for dessert, so I didn't want extra carbs (and I didn't have any broccoli). So I served it by itself:


This turkey was delicious and refreshing after all the beef we've had recently. I really enjoyed it. It had just the right touch of lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment