Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16: Slow Cooked Beef Brisket Dinner

I made this meal for dinner, starting at about 11:00am. I gathered the ingredients:
 
I cut the beef brisket in half, put it in the crockpot, then put in some halved potatoes, carrot pieces, sliced mushrooms, a cut up stalk of celery, 5 cloves of crushed garlic, a sliced onion, 3 beef bouillon cubes, some pepper, and 2 bay leaves:

I poured water over it and cooked it on low for about 6 or 7 hours, then sliced up the beef against the grain:

I served the beef with the vegetables, and shook some salt and pepper on top:

I really didn't like this method of preparation. The food tasted rubbery, bland, and just awful! The salt helped a little. Maybe I should have cooked it longer, because the meat was not tender and the carrots were crunchy. Anyway, next time I will only put a little water in it, not fill up the whole crockpot with water. It really wasn't good, so there probably won't even be a next time. Disappointing, since the meat was so expensive. We ate half of it tonight, and I kept cooking the other half for about 2 1/2 hours. Hopefully it will taste better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment