Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8: Simple Shredded Pork Tacos

Today I made these simple tacos, and they truly were! All I had to do was throw a few ingredients in the crockpot and let it cook all day! It was about 10am when I started:
 
I put the pork roast into the crockpot with salsa, green chiles, garlic salt, and pepper, then I set it to cook on low for 8 hours:
 
I cut up some toppings and put them in bowls. I chose cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. We also had sour cream.
 
I checked the roast to make sure it was tender because it hadn't quite been 8 hours yet, and it was partially frozen when I put it in. It broke apart easily:
 
The pork shredded very easily with 2 forks:
 
Then I put the sauce in and stirred it into the pork:
 
We then loaded up our corn tortillas with yummy goodness and chowed down:
 
These tacos were great! What I'm really rating is the meat, because your toppings will be your own choice. The meat was really nice and flavorful, tender, and juicy. My son ate it by itself with just some cheese on top, and he really liked it. You could totally do that.
 
A note to myself: DH does not think they are real tacos unless they have a crunchy shell. Get the cruchy shells next time! He kept calling them burritos. Well he's in for a surprise because we're having burritos tomorrow night!

1 comment: