Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28: Cod Tapenade

Tonight I made fish. It was simple and quick. There are technically 2 recipes. The first is the cod. Here are the ingredients:
 
I sliced up the lemons, put one layer of lemon in the crockpot, followed by the fish, then another layer of lemons. That cooked for one hour on high:
 
The second recipe is the tapenade. Here are the ingredients:
 
In the food processor I put 1/2 lb. kalamata olives, 2 tbsp capers, 2 tbsp anchovy paste, a garlic clove, 2 tsp orange peel and 2 tbsp fresh thyme:
 
I pulsed that, then added 1/2 cup olive oil and blended until it turned into a chunky paste:
Then I served the cod with the tapenade and lemon slices on top. I made garlic bread to accompany the fish:
 
I really liked this recipe, but I did something wrong. The recipe calls for 2 to 3 pounds of cod, but I only bought 1 pound. The pieces were just too small, so we had way too much tapenade leftover. Other than that, the fish was well cooked, and the tapenade was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment