Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10: Beef Fajita Soup

Hello people reading this blog. It's me again. I made another dinner in the crockpot, yay! This one was from the Soup for Supper category in the autumn section of the cookbook. This one was pretty easy, just open some cans, chop some veggies, and throw all the ingredients in the crockpot. Here are the ingredients:
 
I opened and rinsed the pinto and black beans, chopped the onion and the peppers, then threw everything in the pot with 1 1/2 cups of water.
 
 
The recipe said to cook it on low for 8 hours. Today is grocery day, and I didn't get home with my ingredients until 12:30, so the soup didn't even start cooking until 1:00pm. It only cooked for 4 hours on high.
 
Then we just dipped it up and served it:
 
This soup had a fairly good flavor. It's not the kind I would normally choose, so I probably won't make it again, but if you like fajitas and beans, you would like this soup. It was seasoned with cumin, seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic (from the fire roasted tomatoes with garlic). The broth gave it a deep, rich flavor too. Not a bad meal, but nothing to write home about. :) Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment