Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 26: Chicken Parisienne

Today's recipe was a super easy one, and it was really good. I like it when it when that happens! At about 2:00 this afternoon I started by gathering the ingredients:
 
I chopped up a couple chicken breasts, placed them in the crockpot, and seasoned them with salt, pepper, and paprika:
 
I added a can of cream of mushroom soup, 2 drained cans of mushrooms, and 1/2 cup of white wine. I stirred it up and cooked it on high for about 2 1/2 hours:
 
I boiled some noodles in a pot:
 
During the last 30 minutes I added 1 cup of sour cream:
 
I served the chicken over the noodles:
 
This is one of those comfort food dishes that you could make again and again. I used light sour cream, so maybe it's not too bad for you. I think I did put a little too much pepper in, but that's the only thing I would change for next time. Everybody liked it, even my husband's friend who came over to play (like they're 7th graders or something). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment