Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30: Country-Style Steak

Today's recipe was easy. It was from the Fall Favorites section of the cookbook. Here are the ingredients:

I dusted 4 cubed steaks with flour, and browned them on both sides in 1 tablespoon of oil:

I transferred the steaks to the crockpot and sprinkled on one packet of brown gravy mix and one packet of onion soup mix. Then I added enough water to cover the steaks and cooked it on low for about 8 hours:

I made some mashed potatoes and served them on the side of the steak with the gravy on top:

These steaks were pretty good. It was a little too tender, but still edible. The gravy was kind of salty... I think I should have thinned it with a little more water, because the onion soup mix flavor was really strong. But other than that it was really good comfort food, especially good for a snowy night like tonight. I'm sure I shoveled at least 14-16 inches of snow off our porch and front walkway. It's supposed to keep going too!

No comments:

Post a Comment