Friday, January 25, 2013

January 25: Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Tonight I made stuffed chicken breasts and this is how I did it. At around 10:30 this morning I gathered these ingredients:

I pounded out 5 chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thick:

I mixed up some feta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, lemon peel, garlic powder, and pepper:

I filled the chicken breasts with the filling and rolled them up tightly:

I put the rolled chicken breasts in the crockpot and  covered them with undrained diced tomatoes and oil-packed olives:

That cooked on low for about 6 hours:

I cooked up some polenta on the stove and sliced up the chicken and served it over the polenta:

This meal is good, but a little labor intensive. Hubby liked it, but I think the chicken was a little too tender and I couldn't taste the filling very well. I think it cooked too long. I absolutely LOVED the polenta, and so did everyone else. The tomatoes and olives were great! Maybe next time we'll just have polenta with tomatoes and olives on top. J/K.

No comments:

Post a Comment