Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15: Suzie's Sloppy Joes

I know we had sloppy Joes already so far this year, but this one is in the "lighter bites" category, so that means fewer fat calories! I like these better too, because they don't have beans in them.

I went to MOPS this morning. It was my second time and I became a member today. It lasted until about 10:30, so it was almost noon before I got this meal on. It's okay, though because you cook it before you even put it in the crockpot. First I gathered up the ingredients. Not too many today:
 
I chopped an onion and cooked it with 3 lbs of lean ground beef:
 
While that was cooking I combined Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, chili powder, bell pepper, brown sugar, and vinegar in the crockpot:
 
Then I stirred in the cooked beef mixture
 
and cooked it on low for about 6 hours:
 
These sloppy Joes were yummy. But now I have to take my poor sick kid to the doctor. Good bye.

1 comment:

  1. They look good, and so do the carrots. I hope everyone is feeling good soon.

    ReplyDelete