Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 12: Chicken Meatballs with Chipotle-Honey Sauce

This recipe is from the Holiday Entertaining section of the cookbook. Here are the ingredients:
 
I mixed together the ground chicken, eggs, bread crumbs, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, adobo sauce, and salt:
 
Then I formed it into 46 meatballs (it said 48, but I think it worked out pretty good):
 
You have to chill the meatballs for an hour, so in the meantime I made the sauce in the blender. It's made with lots of honey, salt, chipotle peppers, chicken broth, tomato paste, lime juice, and Dijon mustard:
 
Then you have to brown the meatballs in a skillet. I didn't do a good job at keeping them round during this stage. They were a little more like pancakes. I wonder how they got the ones in the picture so round.
 
After that, I put the meatballs in the crockpot with the sauce and stirred it up. Some of them fell apart:
 
Then I cooked it on high for a few hours:
 
We ate them for lunch, and will probably have them for dinner:
 
The meatballs tasted great. My kids didn't think they were too spicy. My husband hasn't tried them yet, so we'll see how he likes them. I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment