Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 19: Harvest Ham Supper

Today's recipe was a simple one. The ingredients were few:
 
I cut up 6 carrots and quartered 3 sweet potatoes and formed a rack with them in the bottom of the crockpot:
 
Then I put a ham on top and poured a cup of maple syrup over everything:
 
It cooked on low for 6 hours:
 
I really like the carrots and sweet potatoes like this, but this is not the way I like my ham. I like it cold, straight out of the package. I wonder if the ham was on the bottom, it would have made it more moist, if I would have liked it better. DH didn't really like it. He said the carrots tasted like sweet potatoes, the ham tasted like carrots, and the sweet potatoes tasted rotten. Next time I'll just cook the carrots and sweet potatoes, then serve it with cold ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment