Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 8: Lemon Mint Red Potatoes

This recipe is from the "holiday entertaining" section of the cookbook. It was yesterday's recipe, but DH wanted pizza, so I decided to make these for the Mary Kay open house I had this afternoon. Too bad no one came, because no one got to try these delicious potatoes! Here are the ingredients:

I put 2 pounds of new red potatoes in the crockpot, drizzled 2 tbsp olive oil on top and stirred it up. I sprinkled them with 3/4 tsp Greek seasoning, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp pepper. I covered it and cooked it on high for 4 hours. You could also cook it on low for 7 hours.

When they were cooked, I stirred in 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon peel, 2 tbsp butter, and 2 tbsp fresh mint. I stirred until the butter was melted, then sprinkled it with 2 more tbsp of the mint.

The potatoes were so delicious. The Greek seasoning, mint, and lemon all worked to give it a nice spring-like feel. It was a rainy day, on top of 6-foot piles of snow, so you could tell that spring was in the air. Man, I can't wait for the snow to melt!

No comments:

Post a Comment