Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 3: Burgundy and Wild Cremini Mushroom Pilaf

Today I started this recipe after lunch to eat it for dinner when we got home from evening church. Here are the ingredients:

I sliced up 1 cup cremini mushrooms, one onion, and one small zucchini. I heated 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and added 2 cups of rice, the mushrooms, onions, and zucchini. I cooked it for about 5 minutes:

I transferred the rice to the crockpot, added 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth, 1/2 cup red wine, some salt and pepper, and then I drizzled 1/4 cup of melted butter all over and gave it one stir.

I covered it and cooked it on low for about 6 hours:

I served it as a side dish to some leftover ham:

This rice had an excellent flavor. The zucchini and mushrooms were delicious. Next time I would definitely put in more zucchini because there wasn't enough. Sadly DH and one of my DDs didn't like it. If they had I would be putting this on my "make again" list for sure. Just a caution to myself if I do make it again: I cooked it on low for a little over 5 1/2 hours and it was very soft. Maybe a little less next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment