Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 13: Sweet and Sour Shrimp

I haven't made this recipe yet because I was sick, but I plan on making it today. Watch for an update.

ETA 3/22/13

I did make this recipe on Wednesday. Here are the ingredients:

I put a can of peaches, 1/2 cup sliced green onions, a chopped bell pepper, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1/3 cup vegetable broth, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tbsp sesame oil, and a shake of red pepper flakes in the crockpot.

I cooked that on high for about 3 hours, then stirred it up. In a bowl I mixed up 2 tbsp cornstarch with 1/4 cup water, then I mixed that into the crockpot. I added 6 oz of snow peas and cooked on high for 15 minutes:

Then I added a pound of shrimp, a cup of halved cherry tomatoes, and 1/2 cup of walnut pieces and cooked it on high for about 5 minutes:

I served it over hot cooked rice:

This meal was actually very tasty. I liked it, and I think everyone else liked it too. The flavors were very well balanced, not too sweet, not to salty, etc. Overall, a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment